The Source is focused on the international water sector. The magazine’s readers work in all aspects of water-related engineering, science and management, particularly in the areas of water resources, municipal water supply and wastewater / sanitation, industrial water and wastewater management, urban water management, and management of the aquatic environment.
Supply of press releases and other short items is welcome. These will be considered for inclusion in sections such as News, Solutions, Research & Innovation, and Reading. These will be included and edited at the magazine’s discretion and may appear unattributed. Items should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial items appearing as sponsored content can be included in the magazine. For further details, please contact our advertising agents, details here.
The magazine also accepts a limited number of more substantial contributed articles. Proposals for such articles are welcome, especially from IWA members. Contributors should contact the editor at email@example.com with an initial proposal and will be advised on how to proceed.
Short proposals should highlight in particular current and future activity and needs, and relevance to an international audience. Proposals should preferably involve multiple authors and geographies.
Below is an outline of the main broad themes covered by the magazine. Any topic of relevance can be covered at any time, and editions will include other special focus themes aimed in particular at exploring aspects of progressing global water solutions. The main themes will be covered regularly, but are scheduled to have more attention in the editions indicated below.
- Analysis / laboratories (focus in December issue)
- Aquatic environment / water resources (focus in June issue)
- Industrial water (focus in March and September issues)
- Municipal water supply (focus in March issue)
- Municipal sewage (focus in June and December issues)
- Sewer networks (focus in June issue)
- Urban water (focus in March and September issues)
- Utility management / IT integration (focus in December issue)
- Water supply networks (focus in September issue)
The suggested deadlines for initial proposals for more substantial articles in specific editions are:
- September 2019 edition: 22/4/19
- December 2019 edition: 22/7/19