The Source is focused on the international water sector. The magazine’s readers work in all aspects of water-related engineering, science and management, particularly in the areas of water resources, municipal water supply and wastewater / sanitation, industrial water and wastewater management, urban water management, and management of the aquatic environment.
Supply of press releases and other short items is welcome. These will be considered for inclusion in sections such as News, Solutions, Research & Innovation, and Reading. These will be included and edited at the magazine’s discretion and may appear unattributed. Items should be submitted to email@example.com.
Commercial items appearing as sponsored content can be included in the magazine. For further details, please contact our advertising agents, details here.
The magazine also accepts a limited number of more substantial contributed articles. Proposals for such articles are welcome, especially from IWA members. Contributors should contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with an initial proposal and will be advised on how to proceed.
Short proposals should highlight in particular current and future activity and needs, and relevance to an international audience. Proposals should preferably involve multiple authors and geographies.
Below is an outline of some of the main broad themes being covered by the magazine in 2023. Any topic of relevance can be covered at any time, and editions will include other special focus themes aimed in particular at exploring aspects of progressing global water solutions. The main themes will be covered regularly, but are scheduled to have more attention in the editions indicated below.
- Analysis / monitoring (focus in Q4 issue)
- Industrial water (focus in Q2 issue)
- Municipal water supply and desalination (focus in Q4 issue)
- Municipal sewage (focus in Q1 and Q3 issues)
- Supply and sewer networks (focus in Q1 issue)
- Urban water (focus in Q2 issue)
- Digital water (focus in Q3 issue)
- Special focus on the IWA Water and Development Congress & Exhibition (Q3 2023 issue)
- Special focus on the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition (Q1 and Q2 2024 issues)
The deadlines for supply of articles in specific editions are as follows. Proposals to supply articles should be discussed with the editor in advance of these dates.
- Issue 30 (Q1 2023): 9 January 2023
- Issue 31 (Q2 2023): 3 April 2023
- Issue 32 (Q3 2023): 26 June 2023 (including IWA WDC&E 2023)
- Issue 33 (Q4 2023): 25 September 2023
- Issue 34 (Q1 2024): 8 January 2024 (including IWA WWC&E 2024)
- Issue 35 (Q2 2024): 25 March 2024 (including IWA WWC&E 2024)
- Issue 36 (Q3 2024): 24 June 2024
- Issue 37 (Q4 2024): 23 September 2024